INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAUSD RESUME SUBMITTAL:
1) Select you desired position below and copy/past the title of the position as your email subject line.
2) Please include a brief summary (50 works or less) about yourself and why you are interested in the position
3) Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with best contact information
Capo Projects Group (CPG) is a construction and technical services company specializing in construction management, project management, project controls and engineering services for a multitude of projects and programs across the western US. CPG services a wide range of construction, engineering and capital improvement programs from our offices in Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego. Our fundamental objective is assisting our clients in the engineering, construction, public works and utilities industries increase efficiency and profitability through improved planning, controls and management
Sr. Project Manager II (LAUSD)
- Experience Required: 17 years full time paid professional project/construction management experience. 5 years of experience in managing large programs with projects having construction values in excess of $60 million (not cumulative). 5 years experience in educational facility construction or public works projects
- Manages and provides construction oversight to OARs
- Resolves complex construction project related issues, disputes, and disagreements
- Develops, assigns, and monitors performance of OARs relative to assigned construction projects
- Reviews status and overall construction project progress relative to submitted construction schedules
- Reviews change orders from all construction projects and assesses their impact on the District
- Assists Regional Directors and other Facilities management staff with bid and contract planning
- Assesses bid specifications for District need and probability of completion under stated timeline
- Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
- Reviews and verifies submitted applications for payment and performs overall fiscal management of multiple construction projects
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including construction project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration, and quality control
- Reviews and monitors overall administration of contracts for the architect and related consultants
- Coordinates program activities with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Asset Management Branch, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, and local districts
- Reviews and takes recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
- Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
OAR II (LAUSD)
- Experience Required: 15 years full time paid professional experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $30M- $50M (not cumulative)
- Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects
- Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary
- Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects
- Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff
- Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress
- Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents
- Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District
requirements are complied with
- Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all Schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner
- Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties
- Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District
- Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment
- Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Program Scheduler (LAUSD)
- Experience Required: Eight (8) years full time paid professional experience in Scheduling for an owner or General Contractor, preferably working on multiple educational facilities or public works projects. Proficiency in Primavera 15.1 or above and MS Office Suite. Experience with projects using Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build project delivery methods
- Develops and maintains program schedules identifying relationships, logic, milestones, and constraints for construction projects of various types
- Monitors and actively participates in project and program scheduling issues while administering best practices and standards
- Obtains accurate and timely program schedule updates from project teams and performs QA/QC on information received
- Creates and develops conceptual what-if schedules for multiple project types including large complex multi-year projects
- Performs Critical Path analyses and Earned Value analyses
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and analyses as directed by management
Project Development Manager (LAUSD)
- Experience Required: Ten (10) years of experience managing the planning, design, construction and coordination of capital projects. Five ((5) years of which should be in educational facility construction or public works projects. Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the building of new schools and modernization projects.
- Responsible for the scope, schedule and budget, and overall success of multiple, new and modernization, school projects.
- Resolves complex planning, design and construction project-related issues, disputes and disagreements.
- Develops, assigns and monitors performance of Assistant Facility Development Managers (AFDM), Design Managers (DM) and Design professionals relative to assigned projects.
- Reports on project budget, schedule and issues. Provides information and analysis of project issues to Departmental, Branch and Board representatives.
- Reviews status and overall planning, design and construction project progress relative to submittal schedules. Reviews project through all development phases, and assesses status, progress.
- Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion.
- Assists project team staff with A/E contracts, bid and contract planning.
- Reviews and verifies Design Professional contract scope, fees and applications for payment, and performs overall fiscal management of multiple projects.
- Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control.
- Coordinates project activities, requirements, and schedules with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Project Execution, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, local Educational Service Centers and site personnel.
- Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sr. Project Cost Estimator (LAUSD)
- Experience Required: 10 years full time paid professional experience in quantity surveying and the preparation of pre-construction and cost estimates for type I, II, or III, and V building construction as defined by the State building code, including three years in a supervisory capacity. Experience working in a professional estimating firm is a plus. Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs. Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders. Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify differences. Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal. Good oral and written communications skills
- Plans, supervises, and participates in the preparation of construction cost estimates of buildings or other structures from drawings, outlines, and specifications
- Prepares and reviews cost estimates and forms and other materials submitted to secure State and/or federal grants and loans from school aid programs and represents the District on matters pertinent to securing such funds
- Checks construction cost estimates submitted by commissioned architects and engineers for accuracy and completeness and compares them with District estimates
- Confers with commissioned architects and engineers to resolve differences in their cost estimates and District estimates for each project and negotiates agreements on preliminary estimates of construction costs
- Makes studies and prepares reports when contractors' bids vary widely from the agreed construction cost estimate
- Checks segregations of contract costs as estimated by building contractors and recommends acceptance or rejection as a basis for progress payments
- Analyzes change orders on construction work under contract and approves or rejects extras or credits submitted
- Prepares or reviews cost estimates for projects
- Establishes and maintains procedures for approval of plans and specifications for building projects and submission of approved projects to public bidding
- Develops methods for maintaining data used in records, charts, and graphs reflecting estimated construction costs compared with actual costs
- Conducts and participates in seminars and workshops with staff and minority contractors relative to school construction bidding procedures, contracts, and cost estimating
- Estimates costs of damages to District property caused by fire, natural disaster, and major acts of vandalism
- Establishes budgets for school building projects
- Assists other branches with related functions
- Prepares preliminary and final independent cost estimates of projects for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position
- Prepares change order estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish negotiating position
- Provides support in price negotiations
- Prepares claim analyses and estimates
- Reviews contractor’s claims and proposals for merit and accountability
- Performs related duties as assigned
Sr. Design Manager A/E Services (LAUSD)
- Experience Required: 14 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration, cost estimating, and scheduling activities. 4 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies. With excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manages multiple projects with particular emphasis on seismic, critical repair and retrofit projects
- Manages and supervises a team of design professionals and other professionals through the design review process
- Manages, develops, and coordinates the District’s design process for the A&E services to ensure that design plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements
- Manages multiple projects, including engineering repair and critical repair, through interaction with Architects, consultants, and District personnel to ensure timely completion of these projects
- Oversees the building design process to ensure compliance with LAUSD’s standards and guidelines for the District by working with design professionals and various District administrators to ensure that new and modernized structures meet both educational and building standards requirements
- Establishes and follows a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms qualifications and ability to meet performance standards
- Provides Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, sites, schedules, and budgets for each project
- Establishes and follows an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project
- Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted, and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the District, the local community, and the environment
- Reviews design changes submitted to ensure project remains within budget
- Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations and updates
- Performs others duties as assigned
These positions are re-occurring positions at LAUSD. They typically become available every 2-3 months and are competitive. It is important to pre-qualify interested candidates prior to the position postings so that we can submit your application timely and in as best a way as possible to ensure interviews with the client. Capo can provide very competitive salary and benefits and is interested in hiring the best available candidates.
Capo Projects Group is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified Team Members without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.