Role: Senior Systems Engineer
When it comes to IT solution providers, there are a lot of choices. But when it comes to providers with innovative and differentiating end-to-end service offerings, there’s really only one: Zones – First Choice for IT.TM
As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we’ve expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond – with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today’s top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners – Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more – to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
Zones nfrastructure, the Services Company of Zones, is a collaborative team of more than 700 technology architects, engineers, technicians, and specialists that designs, builds, and operates IT solutions. Our focus on insight, execution, and results has helped us become the First Choice for ITTM for many of today’s top brands.
At Zones, work is more than a job – it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you’re interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
As the Senior Systems Engineer you will work provide operational administration for VMWare products. You will work with customers, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address business needs. You will also be involved in storage and back-up solutions and work with networking colleagues on implementing unified communications.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Senior Systems Engineer is primarily responsible for:
· Perform VMware installation, configuration, migration, patch update, day to day support, performance analysis, troubleshoot environment and application testing.
· Develop a backup VMware solution.
· Windows 2012 and 2016 experience, migrate OS from Win 2012 to 2016 and application testing.
· Provide support with day to day operation.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· 5-7 years of experience
· Candidate should have deep knowledge of VMware 6.0 and 6.5
· Experience with EMC VxRail platform and Scale IO solution (installation, configuration, support & troubleshooting issues)
· Understanding of networking
· Ability to work weekend hours (migration, production cutover)
· Must be able to pass background (criminal, employment, education)
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
· Medical/dental/vision coverage
· 401(k) plan with matching provision
· Life insurance
· Paid vacation time
· Financial protection benefits
· Group discounts & perks
· Wellness programs
· And more
Zones is also proud to be a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council), and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We offer employment and advancement opportunities to every applicant.
Come join our team. Let’s talk.