Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
1. Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
2. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports changes in status as appropriate.
3. Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
4. Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registered as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS), Vascular Technologist (RVT), or Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)- PEDS by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or as a Technologist (RT) by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). State licensure if required by law. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year pediatric experience imaging congenital heart defect and surgical repair at an accredited ICAEL institution.Organizational Profile:
Joe DiMaggio himself helped celebrate the opening of the first Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital back in 1992. Today, the freestanding Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is one of the region's leading pediatric hospitals, offering a comprehensive scope of healthcare services and programs in a child-friendly atmosphere. A full-service, 226-bed hospital, we treat minor illnesses, trauma-related accidents and some of the most complex medical conditions.
Today, in its 25th year, the hospital now has the unique distinction of being the first – and only – pediatric hospital in the world to be designated as person-centered organization by Planetree. We are one of only four children’s hospitals in Florida that performs pediatric heart transplants, and one of just a handful worldwide offering extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Heart Institute, which has performed 21 pediatric transplant surgeries
- Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Cleft and Craniofacial Center
- Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary and Sleep Center
- Emergency Department and Trauma Center
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- General and Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Hypertension and Nephrology
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- [U18] Sports Medicine Program for young athletes
- Outpatient services
- Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation
Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital has been named a Broward Family Favorite by Broward Family Life magazine as a Favorite Pediatric Hospital, and has been honored by US News & World Report as a Best Children’s Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Orthopedics and Urology.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL