Performs the nursing admissions process for patients that are requesting a transfer to and/or within the Memorial Healthcare System. Coordinates Special Needs Patients for services as requested.
1. Reviews all admissions and transfers for clinical/unit appropriateness and medical necessity. Takes action in the event criteria are not met or appropriate resources are not available
2.. Contacts physicians, insurance companies, case managers, to obtain authorizations for services and to resolve level of care disputes.
3. Determines need for, and implements, appropriate precautions, including isolation, reverse isolation, restraints, fall precautions, and visitor restrictions.
4. May obtain and implement admitting orders. Evaluates criteria for patient status.
5. Provides direction and support to administrative officers and Administrator on Call (AOC) to ensure efficient patient access and flow.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.Experience
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in multi clinical settings including critical care. Organizational Profile:
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL