Supervises the daily activities of the Pharmacy. May perform the duties of a pharmacist.
1. Determines, coordinates, and supervises daily staffing assignments and levels.
2. Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
3. Assesses quality of services delivered and facilitates staff development programs. Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures and protocols.
4. Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required service levels. Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and complaints.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Experience
Shift: Overnight 7 on/7off
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida State licensure as a Pharmacist
Required Work Experience: 2 years experience as a PharmacistOrganizational Profile:
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL