Electronic Security Systems/I&C Engineer Houston, TX
Want to take your engineering expertise to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the nation? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Electronic Security Systems Engineer in our Instrumentation and Controls Discipline, with a desire to work on heavy industrial/oil and gas projects.
Parsons' extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
Our Electronic Security Systems Engineer will be expected to complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. Project scope may include oil and gas processing facility modifications, pipeline controls, physical security systems, communications, and industrial control systems cybersecurity. EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING
- Electronic Security Systems - Senstar FlexZone a Plus
- CCTV with Digital Cameras
- LED Lighting
EXPERIENCE WITH SOME OR ALL THE FOLLOWING
US Citizenship is required. A National Agency Check will be required.
- Instrumentation - specify requirements, data sheets, procurement support, vendor submitals
- Instrumentation Design - P&IDs, location drawings, instrument racks, installation details, assembly drawings
- Interconnect Details - loop drawings, cable drawings, panel drawings, network drawings, wiring details.
- Controls Hardware - develop specifications for DCS & PLCs, specify communications protocols, control panel layouts, bill of materials for power supplies, processors, I/O modules, network devices, circuit protection, termination, shielding, grounding, etc.
- Packaged Equipment - performance specifications, test requirements, interface requirements
- Smart Plant Instrumentation - Instrument Index, I/O Summary, Alarm Matrix
- Cybersecurity of Industrial Control Systems
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
** NO Relocation assistance/sign-on bonus will be available for this position. PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Control System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 8+ years of related engineering work experience in Instrument and Controls required
- Experience with Electronic Security Systems required
- Experience with CCTV with Digital Cameras required
- Experience with Senstar FlexZone preferred
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages a plus.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Houston, TX