I&C Engineer Houston, TX
Want to take your engineering expertise to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the nation? Parsons is now hiring Engineers with Minimum 3+ years of Experience in I&C or Electrical Engineering, with a desire to work on heavy industrial/oil and gas projects.
Parsons' extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
This is for a marquee, 5 year Design/Build project with our Federal Business Unit. Expected completion date is end of 2022. EXPERIENCE WITH SOME OR ALL THE FOLLOWING
US Citizenship is required. A National Agency Check will be required.
- Instrumentation - specify requirements, data sheets, procurement support, vendor submittals
- Instrumentation Design - P&IDs, location drawings, instrument racks, installation details, assembly drawings.
- Interconnect Details - loop drawings, cable drawings, panel drawings, network drawings, wiring details.
- Controls Hardware - develop specifications for DCS & PLCs, specify communications protocols, control panel layouts, bill of materials for power supplies, processors, I/O modules, network devices, circuit protection, termination, shielding, grounding, etc.
- Packaged Equipment - performance specifications, test requirements, interface requirements
- Smart Plant Instrumentation - Instrument Index, I/O Summary, Alarm Matrix
- Cybersecurity of Industrial Control Systems
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
** NO Relocation assistance/ NO sign-on bonus will be available for this position. PREFERRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Control System Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field of study in engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of related engineering work experience required in Electrical Engineering or I&C Engineering
Location/Region: Houston, TX