This position reports to Grave (3) shift. This shift schedule is Sunday to Thursday 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. Due to business need, on select occasion employees may be required to work overtime and/or support operations on an alternate shift.
Under limited supervision, perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and upkeep of L.A. Plant site manufacturing and facilities equipment with an emphasis on HVAC and refrigeration equipment / systems. Repair, overhaul and perform preventive maintenance on Plant equipment to include, but not limited to, refrigeration based manufacturing and Plant HVAC systems. Positional responsibilities include gas welding, operating diagnostic equipment and instrumentation, use technical measuring devices, read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems schematics / blueprints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs breakdown and preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, process chillers, HVAC air handlers, central chillers, pumps and equipment and industrial control systems as responsibilities assigned to Facilities Engineering in both cGMP and non-cGMP areas.
- Responsible for repairing refrigeration systems, lower and normal temperature cold storage equipment, building automation system components, mechanical and electrical equipment as assigned.
- Maintain refrigerant records in compliance with US EPA and SCAQMD mandated refrigeration record keeping.
- Must be familiar with plant and divisional SOPs as related to positional and department responsibilities.
- Will provide troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair equipment and equipment components related to positional responsibilities which includes, but not limited to: pumps, piping, and plumbing components; electrical controls, compressors, vacuum pumps, sanitary piping, blowers, and facility equipment.
- Requires familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes to include NFPA, NEC, UBS, UMC and UPC in compliance with L.A. City, Shire EH&S and Factory Mutual requirements.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with L.A. City, CA state and federal EPA regulation and laws. Specific responsible system repairs, upkeep, maintenance and operations managed within regulating agencies to include, but not limited to, L.A. City Building & Safety, SCAQMD, L.A. City Bureau of Sanitation, CAL OSHA and OSHA.
- Participates in Stand By maintenance program as assigned by Facilities Engineering management.
- Completes WOs in compliance with L.A. Plant standard operating procedures.
- Perform Disposal of Hazardous Waste.
- Must have a strong knowledge of instrumentation and mechanical systems, such as controllers, indicators, control valves, PLC, analyzers, sensors, pumps, etc.
- Must have a strong knowledge of manufacturing equipment including distribution, filtration systems, centrifuges, sterilization, autoclaves, process tanks, incubators and CIP/COP systems, PLC based process control systems, Human Machine Interface (HMI) configuration.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- May perform removal of hazardous waste.
- Must have the ability to correctly complete high school-level mathematics.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical documents and instructions, electrical and mechanical drawings, equipment blue prints and piping and instrumentation drawings (P&ID).
- Must have customer service and leadership attitude to take ownership of any maintenance related problem.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment. Must be able to handle multiple priorities. Must be proactive, results orientated, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice and support standby program.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. (Required)
- A.A./A.S. technical discipline or currently pursuing technical or scientific degree highly desirable.
- Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate or commensurate combination of technical education and experience. (Highly desired)
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience at journeyman level or equivalent. (Required)
- US EPA Universal certificate required.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to climb ladders and move about in closed quarters facility non-manufacturing support areas.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required (APPLICABLE TO SNE only).
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- This position will support Grave Shift schedule.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA