Mechanical Process Engineer Houston, TX
We're looking for thoughtful, well rounded Mechanical Process Engineers to join our team! If you are a Mechanical Process Engineer who likes diverse projects, and can lead others to execute mechanical and process design tasks through the entire project life cycle - then, this is the job for you! We need an experienced Mechanical Process Engineers to support major oil and gas facility expansions for several locations, working out of of our Pasadena, CA office
Our Mechanical Process Engineers will be expected to work with preparation and review of PFD (Process Flow Diagram), P&IDs (Piping & Instrument Drawings), front end engineering design, develop detailed engineering documents and provide technical support during construction and commission activities. Project scope may include refinery facilities modifications, including HVAC, piping and piping supports, Fire protection equipment, rotating equipment, and other mechanical systems. RESPONSIBILITIES
US Citizenship is required. A National Agency Check will be required.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes, utilizing CAE/CAD as applicable.
- Prepares standard engineering computations, material quality takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews small and portions of larger supplier drawing submittals and assists in performing technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
** NO Relocation assistance/sign-on bonus will be available for this position. Qualifications:
- 4-year degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of related work experience.
- PE preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering. SmartPlant highly preferred.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Location/Region: Houston, TX