Mechanical Equipment Engineer Houston, TX
We're looking for thoughtful, well rounded Mechanical Equipment Engineers to join our team! If you are a Mechanical Engineer who likes diverse projects, designing equipment and takes pride in your work, then, this is the job for you! We need an experienced Mechanical Equipment Engineers to support major oil and gas facility expansions in our Federal Business Unit, working out of our Houston,Texas office.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 3+ years of experience designing primary equipment like pumps, compressors, pressure vessels and internals, tanks, heat exchangers, fired equipment, cooling towers, and third party designed and packaged equipment in Oil and Gas.
Seeking experience with rotating equipment.
Our Mechanical Equipment Engineers will be to design a variety of primary equipment used in oil and gas facilities. Project scope may include refinery facilities modifications, including HVAC, piping and piping supports, Fire protection equipment, rotating equipment, and other mechanical systems. A National Agency Check will be required. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work includes conceptual studies, detailed design, field installation, and construction support in the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
- Primary equipment includes pumps, compressors, pressure vessels and internals, tanks,heat exchangers, fired equipment, cooling towers, and third party designed and packaged equipment.
- Prepares mechanical equipment and packaged equipment calculations, specifications and data sheets, RFQ's, technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Reviews mechanical equipment vendor drawings, and data. Interfaces with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers/designers.
- Prepares construction/installation scopes of work for mechanical equipment.
- Participates in the development of P&ID's, package specifications, construction specifications, project schedules, project budgets, project staffing planning, and construction planning.
- Ability to perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications. Must have familiarity with mechanical equipment design codes (ASME, ANSI, API, PIP, NACE).
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- PE Preferred
- Min of 3+ years of related mechanical equipment design experience. in engineering design or construction in oil and gas or petrochemical industries.
- U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today. Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Houston, TX