SPEL Electrical Designer Houston, TX
Parsons is looking for a well-rounded detailed, electrical designer to support a major oil and gas facilities life-extension project in the Houston, Texas area. If you are the right one for us, you love 2D and 3D design, take great pride in the details of your work, and think of design as more than just a job!
In this role, you will perform computer aided drafting/design assignments requiring a thorough understanding of drafting standards, practices, and techniques acquired through formal drafting education or work experience. Under the general direction of a higher-level Engineer/Designer, designers at this level typically takes engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalize them into working drawings. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your primary role will be to produce drawings using SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL). The initial emphasis will be to convert existing AutoCAD and older manual drawings to annotated SPEL drawings, and then to update and maintain these drawings as the design progresses. These drawings will be SPEL "Composite" drawings, so familiarity with AutoCAD is also a prerequisite. As the project progresses, you will also be required to produce schematic and wiring diagrams in SPEL, and to generate load lists, equipment lists, cable schedules, panel schedules, and similar deliverables from SPEL.
It is expected that our successful candidates will compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and understand how to read orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings. This project will use point-clouds created from in-field LASER scans. Our candidates should be proficient with the cloud editing software. Our designers will also be given responsibilities associated with their position as may be appropriate. Requirements:
US Citizenship is required. A National Agency Check will be required.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is required
- Minimum 10+ years design/drafting experience
- Must be proficient with SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL)
- Extensive experience in producing Single Line Diagrams (SLDs) in SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL)
- Demonstrated capabilities to follow redline markups to make corrections and modifications to existing drawings and create new drawings from templates
- Ability to provide drawing updates according to assignment per the direction of a senior designer, engineer or checker.
- Knowledge of process, mechanical, or controls disciplines.
- Training or Experience performing draft layouts, ductbanks, raceways, and electrical line diagrams and schematics
- Ability to work with designers of other disciplines to resolve as-built and new design issues.
- Ability to read scope summary documents
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Location/Region: Houston, TX