* Provides distributive service for pharmacy department, serves as mentor for Technician students, and assists to ensure proper drug storage and maintenance to meet regulatory compliance.
1. Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems and medication carts/boxes.
2. Prepares/fills orders and receives inventory for the pharmacy department and drug storage areas.
3. Delivers and/or picks up medications and medication orders.
4. Assists with customer service needs, including answering telephones and managing work ques.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. PPE as required for handling sterile preparation and hazardous medication.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registration from the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
• Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL