* Provides distributive pharmacy services and support for the pharmacy department. Serves as trainer and mentor for other Technicians and students and assists to ensure proper drug storage and maintenance to meet regulatory compliance.
1. Performs cross functional duties of Technician I.
2. Able to support pharmacy automated dispensing systems, filling, refilling, and maintaining medication stock.
3. Performs medication reconciliations independently.
4. Maintains and manages pharmacy prepackaging systems for both oral and liquid packagers.
5. Prepares sterile compounded medication.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registration from the Florida Board of Pharmacy. Certification as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) from PTCB Board.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
When the City of Miramar was founded back in 1955, fewer than 200 people lived there. Today, it’s home to 200,000 residents who can call upon Memorial Hospital Miramar when they need outstanding compassionate care. With 178 beds, Memorial Hospital Miramar includes 162 acute-care beds, a 16-bed Level II NICU, and The Family Birthplace, which has welcomed nearly 30,000 babies into the world since the hospital opened in 2005.
Services also include:
• Cardiac Telemetry Unit
• Imaging Services
• Intensive Care
• Women’s Services
• Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
• Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Pediatric Therapy Services
• [U18] Sports Medicine for athletes 18 and younger
• Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
Memorial Hospital Miramar has been named by Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals, and has won the Guardian of Excellence Award from HCAHPS Press Ganey every year since 2008.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Miramar, FL