- Perform repairs and maintenance on all HVAC and Temperature controlled equipment and systems in your area of responsibility including warm rooms and Freezers.
- Perform effective monitoring of equipment performance. Maintain up to date GMP training requirements and compliance.
- Ensure timely completion of all p/m’s and work orders on all temperature controlled equipment in your area of responsibility.
- Schedule and supervise all venders required to complete all tasks in your or area of responsibility to ensure quality of workmanship and successful completion of tasks.
- Ensure adequate spare parts are on hand for your area.
- Maintain clean mechanical spaces free of debris and hazards.
- Support and assist with shutdown planning and execution.
- Respond to trouble calls quickly and safely to minimize downtime.
- Effectively perform 24/7 on call responsibilities
- Provide daily updates on area of responsibilty to HVAC supervisor.
- Ensure high quality of workmanship with all tasks.
Performs scheduled and corrective maintenance of HVAC equipment and temperature controlled equipment and areas.
Coordinates maintenance activities with area supervisors. Schedule and performs p/m and repair work including vendors with the least amount of impact to manufacturing and ensure successful completion and quality of work.
Evaluate equipment performance and make recommendations of upgrades in your area of responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements
Experience with BMS systems preferred. Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry and exposure to cGMP environment. Mass state refrigeration license required High School diploma or equivalent
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Candidate must be a self motivated individual having solid HVAC work experience with good communication skills along with the ability to prioritize work according to manufacturing needs.
Competency in maintaining and reviewing facility related cGMP documentation is required.
Other Job Requirements
The ability to work at all Shire HGT site locations. Incumbent will be required to carry a phone / Blackberry device and be on call as required to support operations and participate in off hour’s emergency coverage as needed. Should be able to climb a ladder, reach, bend, and lift loads up to 50 lbs. Should be medically cleared to wear respiratory protection. Valid Driver’s license.
Location/Region: Lexington, MA