At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Sales Director, Shipping Solutions for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
- Are passionate about client success.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Strive to exceed expectations.
- Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a great fit for Pitney Bowes
Responsible for direct to-consumer shipping solutions to warehouse, ecommerce and retail businesses. Your primary focus will be on larger shippers who manage or outsource their own fulfillment with Third Party Logistics Companies (3PLs) and direct marketing companies. You are a driver who can achieve financial success as you work with our clients to offer cutting-edge shipping and cross-border technology.
- Exceed assigned sales quotas by generating and developing new customer accounts by quickly following up on assigned leads and by cold-calling within an assigned geography
- Work with the Sales Partners, Business Analysts and other team members to assess potential application of company products and services for individual and sell our core value.
- Apply best practices to solve customer supply chain challenges aiding in the design of customer focused workflows and deliverables working with the professional services team to identify, develop and document project scope using the company’s standard product and services portfolio to create a suitable solution.
- Manage relationships with existing and potential large order customer base in territory. Identify and develop customer reference list in territory. Develop add-on sales for expansion within the existing accounts including subscription and professional services.
- Conduct a minimum of 5 sales presentations per week by physical visits and web-enabled demonstrations as required by customers in order to exceed assigned quota objectives.
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)/service(s) while on-site or remotely as necessary.
As a Sales Director, you have:
- Minimum 5 years of sales or business development experience supporting large software or shipping sales
- Minimum 3 years of experience in supply chain consulting desired
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory (60% plus)
- Familiar with supply chain concepts, practices, and procedures such as Transportation Management Systems, e-commerce, freight, XML, EDI, ASN, AES, etc
- Highly proficient with software tools including (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SalesForce.com and web-based presentation tools such as GoToMeeting or LiveMeeting)
- Industry and or technical certifications preferred (CSCP, CPIM, PMP, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
Pitney Bowes Global Ecommerce provides a comprehensive range of global ecommerce and cross-border shipping solutions that help U.S. U.K. and Australian retailers and online marketplaces reach consumers around the world. Pitney Bowes, a market leader in global ecommerce solutions, continues to expand and grow its digital commerce businesses.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
Pitney Bowes will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA