* Serves as a mentor to Pharmacy Residents, students and clinical staff.
1. Prioritizes multiple tasks and projects to ensure timely completion. Delegates and assigns work commensurate with knowledge, skill and experience, and ensures the work is performed appropriately.
2. Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to assist with problem identification and resolution, cost containment issues, implementation of new services, and systems/performance measures including attending committee meetings.
3. Responsible for formulary management for protocol development, policies, procedures, medication evaluation and the standardization of medical care for the department.
4. Serves as a resource to staff regarding departmental/area policies, procedures and services.
5. Designs, evaluate and implements drug therapy protocals and medication use evaluation studies. Provides compreshensive Pharmaceutical services to patients and clinical staff. Serve as mentor for RX students and residents.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy. Residency trained or Board certified in an applicable field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state licensure as a Pharmacist.
Required Work Experience: 3 years as a Clinical Specialist.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL