Join an industry leader in firearms training! Silver Eagle Group (SEG), Virginia’s premier self-defense training academy, indoor shooting range and retail center, has a specialized weapons training and retail facility conveniently located in Ashburn, VA. We have an immediate need for part-time Firearms Instructors. We are seeking hardworking, self-driven individuals looking to excel in a unique, fast-paced and challenging environment.
Firearms Instructors are responsible for the implementation of training programs conducted at the SEG. SEG’s standard of excellence includes building the foundation for our students’ growth and development across the spectrum of self-defense and firearms training.
All candidates must be successful functioning in a team-oriented environment and be customer-oriented as well as have the ability to interact with employees and management at all levels.
Candidates will be required to teach classes, present lectures, and conduct hands-on small arms training. Utilize teaching methods such as individual coaching, group discussions, lectures, demonstrations, seminars, and workshops. Responsible for the coordination, safe conduct and overall operations of live fire ranges.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfacing with “walk-in” customers to inform and educate them on SEG training programs and capabilities.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all facilities prior to and upon completion of training courses and events.
- Perform duties as an instructor for any course offered by SEG.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain good customer relations to ensure the customer has an exceptional learning experience at SEG.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience training on firearms and tactics
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Prior Instructor experience in the following disciplines: Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun
- Firearms Instructor certifications desired
- 3+ years of Military or Law Enforcement experience
- Attended an Instructor Development Course with a focus on adult learning theory
Due to the nature of this work and position, weekend and evening work is required.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Silver Eagle Group is a state of the art training facility offering four modern indoor shooting ranges, an indoor scenario area, and an extensive retail section for firearms, ammunition, rentals, and accessories. We are Virginia's premier self-defense training academy, offering a dynamic variety of training courses for novice, intermediate, and advanced shooters.
Silver Eagle Group is proud to be awarded the National Shooting Sports Foundation's prestigious Five Star Range rating. To meet NSSF's criteria of a Five Star facility, a range must demonstrate excellence in all aspects of management and operations.