Job Title: Trusted Care Coordinator
Project Title: Trusted Care Coordinator
Job Location: , Peterson AFB, CO, - Location may change according to the client requirements
Job Type: Fulltime Salaried
Job Hours: From 8:00am to 5:00pm, work schedule may change according to the client requirements
Posting Close Date: October 31, 2018
Job Start Date: October 1, 2018, Job start date may change according to client requirements
Anticipated job duration: Over 150 Days
· Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Healthcare or health related field.
· Certified Instructor in Error Prevention Safety Behaviors, Leader Methods, and Safety Coach Trainer by Healthcare Performance Improvement. Taught three (3) classes in past year.
· TeamSTEPPS® Master Trainer by Agency for Research & Quality (AHRQ) or American Hospital Association™ (AHA). Taught at least three (3) classes in past year.
· One (1) year experience running continuous process improvement projects.
· One (1) year using adult learning principles.
Testing Required During Interview: NO
Minimum Education Required: BS/BA Discipline: Healthcare or health related field
Security Clearance: Must have security clearance, or be able to pass security clearance
The Trusted Care Coordinator position assists the AFMS in supporting and sustaining the necessary actions to achieve sustainable safe and more reliable patient care through the Trusted Care domains across the military health system. Duties include but are not limited to:
· Collect, track and report MTF/AES Trusted Care Progress Updates against all milestones to MAJCOM and AFMOA via phone interviews, virtual calls (i.e. webinars, skype), and or emails in order to form an accurate assessment of that MTF’s/AES progress and effectiveness of that organization’s transformation to high reliability. Ensure coaching is at the level of the AFMS expectations/Standard Work during these interactions.
· Perform on-site sustainment visits to assess and coach MTF/AES staff members on Trusted Care activities.
· Train MAJCOM and MTF/AES staff on Trusted Care activities and requirements.
· Provide a brief training report/summary that should include the training topic, date, duration of the training, number of attendees, and a brief synopsis of any lessons learned, risks or leading practices.
· Collect Trusted Care products from MTFs/AES (i.e. Theme of Month videos, Trusted Care Heroes, Safety Stories, etc.).
· Prepare presentations/briefings as required.
· Provide weekly activity reports to MAJCOM leadership.
· Attend Trusted Care meetings, webinars and coaching calls.
· Support monthly MAJCOM teleconferences. May be required to provide the safety story or Trusted Care brief.
· In collaboration with MAJCOM leadership, lead monthly calls with respective MTFs to provide coaching, share safety stories, question and answer sessions, synchronization across multiple MTFs within respective MAJCOMS, share/identify leading practices, performance measures/metrics, and assess risks, barriers or concerns.
· Monitor MTF/AES Trusted Care metrics and report trends to MAJCOM leadership.
· Serve as a MAJCOM point of contact for Unit Trusted Care Champions to communicate any MTF/AES concerns/issues. Contractors shall respond to Trusted Care questions using approved AFMS communication channels.
· Monitor number of Instructors (Error Prevention/Safety Behavior & Safety Coach Trainers) and Safety Coaches at each MTF/AES. Report levels to MAJCOM and AFMOA monthly.
· Lead MTF/AEF assessment/coaching calls.
· Collect and provide AFMOA with Trusted Care initiatives, activities, outcomes and any identified leading practices from their respective MTFs/AES units.
· In collaboration with Trusted Care Program Office, distribute, collect and summarize the survey data for Quest for Zero game quarterly and submit the results to the Trusted Care Program Office.
· In collaboration with Trusted Care Program Office, distribute, collect, and summarize the post-completion survey data for the participants who attended the Basic Leadership Airman Skills Training quarterly and submit the results to the Trusted Care Program Office.
· Communicate MTF staffing, training, knowledge, or any other gaps to MAJCOM leadership.
· Communicates clearly in English, both orally and in writing.
· Self-directed and possesses leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; with the ability to work independently with no supervision.
· Must demonstrate the ability to motivate and mentor others through use of training and coaching skills and the ability to communicate information on programs and activities, both orally and in writing, to diverse audiences.
· Must have five (5) years hands on experience using standard software programs such as the Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Suite.
· Must have working knowledge of latest versions of office automation software and recognize potential enhancements or limitations of new software utilized within their area of expertise and or tasking.
· Must complete all tasks and subtasks by the suspense issued at the time the task is received.
· Have working knowledge of Government regulations, policies, procedures, and limitations within their scope of responsibilities.
· Coordinate with the management levels, as required by DoD policies or procedures.
· Must have at three (3) years of clinical Department of Defense (DoD) or military experience.
· Must be able to travel. Travel is required at the request of the Government and within the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS). Dates and destinations are TBD.
EEO Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled. Ecompex is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Ecompex has a desire for priority referrals of protected veterans.
Ecompex, Inc. is compliant with requirements of 41 C.F.R. § 60-1.4(a)(3). This regulation protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Ecompex, Inc. participates in the E-verify program as required by federal law.
Need Assistance? If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This is a dedicated e-mail address designed exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered.
With deep expertise in both services and technology, and strong execution skills focused on delivering mission critical results for our clients, Ecompex transcends conventional information management and processing solutions. We serve clients in multiple Government agencies, institutions, and infrastructure organizations including Federal, State, and Local Government; Defense and Military; healthcare; Financial; and Litigation & Administrative industries.
At Ecompex, we are more than a business - we are a family. We are an energetic, dynamic company that prides itself on quality and is constantly growing and expanding. Among the reasons that we are an industry leader is because of our talented, motivated, and hard working team of professionals.If you enjoy challenges and want to be part of a successful technology leader, then Ecompex has a place for you. Ecompex, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.