EBSCO Health is part of EBSCO Information Services (EIS), a division of EBSCO Industries Inc. EIS provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow.
Nursing & Allied Health Market Product Manager
The Nursing & Allied Health Market Product Manager for EBSCO Health will be responsible for day to day management of assigned nursing & allied health products. Management includes functioning as subject matter expert, working closely with marketing, sales, support, and customers to understand current product needs and identify future product opportunities. The Nursing & Allied Health Market PM also participates in the ongoing development of assigned products including identification of functional and content requirements and improvements based on market and sales feedback. He/she will also manage the relationships with external partners that impact assigned products.
We are considering candidates who can work in one of our offices in Boston or Ipswich, MA, in Durham, NC, in Glendale, CA, or remotely.
- Works as Epic owner in a SAFe development environment and is responsible for product-centric projects and features from business case through go-to-market release.
- Produces business cases for products following the EIS Roadmap Methodology.
- Understands the requirements of the market. Stay current on user workflow, market trends and decision maker pain points.
- Defines and refines user and decision maker personas and use cases.
- Assesses market competition through comparison of competitive products.
- Functions as knowledge expert on competitive products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Assists sales via telephone calls and occasional visits to customer sites as well as developing sales tools & providing product support to medical marketing team.
- Prepares short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and reports and analysis to develop market insights and drive decision making.
- Analyzes user and customer data from multiple applications to extract insights for business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establishes goals, objectives and milestones and contribute to the creation of plans for EIS efforts to market assigned products.
- 3+ years of direct product ownership and development
- 3+ years of experience within the medical market, actively developing medical information products
- 5+ years of experience with software development lifecycle methodologies, specifically SAFe or Agile
- 3+ years developing mobile products, and a thorough understanding of current mobile technologies and implementation approaches
- Experience with customer research approaches and methodologies; demonstrable involvement in 2 minor and 1 major ( 6 participants) customer research initiatives
- Proficiency with SDLC software (e.g. Rally, Microsoft TFS, Jira, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience using SDLC software (e.g. Rally, Microsoft TFS, Jira, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by 2+ years of experience developing and delivering dynamic presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (3 year minimum), including Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
- 2+ years working in a multi-tasking environment requiring the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working directly with outside development and service vendors; 2+ years or 2 major projects
- Solid understanding of current authentication methods, search technologies (and approaches)
- SEO experience a plus
- Data, analytics, usage, and telemetry experience and knowledge a plus
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Nearest Major Market:
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)