* Provides distributive pharmacy services and support for the pharmacy department. Serves as trainer and mentor for other Technicians and students and assists to ensure proper drug storage, maintenance and sterile compounding to meet regulatory compliance.
1. Performs cross functional duties of Technician I and Technician II.
2. Leads other technicians to help manage daily operational workflow.
3. Provides backup support for Pharmacy Automation Administrator and Pharmacy Buyer.
4. Able to perform Pharmacy projects independently under the direction of Pharmacy leadership.
5. Prepares sterile compounded medications, including specialty admixtures such as chemotherapy neonatal, TPN.
Complexity of Work: Must be able to work in two (2) specialty functions. This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimum supervision. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Registration from the Florida Board of Pharmacy. Certification as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
Required Work Experience: Two (2) years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL