* The Ambulatory Clinical Specialist will provide specialized care for medication management by reviewing medication regiments and pharmaceutical needs for patients in ambulatory clinical setting
1. Coordinates a transitions of care medication plan for high risk patients transitioning from hospital or other clinical setting to home. Review and reconcile all medications upon discharge to assess for potential duplicate therapy, inappropriate dosing, or missing medication orders/prescriptions.
2. Communicate directly with prescriber to resolve patient's medication -related issues and provide a written discharge medication plan. Coordinates the dispensing of discharge medications if necessary.
3. Reviews medication orders and monitor laboratory parameters and adjust medication to ensure optimal therapy in collaboration with primary care providers.
4. Educates and counsels patients on medications and explains in detail any and all changes to their regimen. Addresses and resolves potential barriers to patient understanding or medication access and provides patient with a written medication plan.
5. Attends multi-disciplinary rounds to determine patient's disposition when needed. Educates physician and clinical staff on any new pharmacuetical therapies.
6. Serves as patient advocate, ensuring that quality care is given.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Education: Doctor of Pharmacy graduated from an accredited school of pharmacy.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Current unrestricted Florida State licensure as a pharmacist.
Required Work Experience: 3 years of experience and Board or Specialty certification, or Residency trained.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL