Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A., a multi-office national firm is seeking an Associate Attorney for its Ft. Lauderdale, FL Office. The individual in this role will assist associates and partners in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) defense litigation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Evaluation of findings and development of strategies and arguments in preparation for presentation of cases.
· Drafting and performing legal review and analysis and advising on issues for the area of law practiced.
· Carrying out and organizing research on legal issues involving PIP coverage.
· Preparation and attendance at hearings as required.
· Timely preparation of discovery to opposing parties, and respond to discovery by opposing parties.
· Meeting requirements for designated minimum billable time.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
· The successful candidate should have 0 to 1 years of experience in Personal Injury Protection coverage.
· Must be admitted to practice law and in good standing with the Florida Bar.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and research skills as well as attention to detail.
· Strong computer skills including Word Perfect, Outlook, Excel, Westlaw and time-billing software.
· Must be able to work independently and produce an accurate and high-quality work product.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid long-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
For immediate consideration for this opportunity, qualified candidates should forward their resume. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. is a full-service business law firm offering a wide variety of legal services to public and private companies, professionals, entrepreneurs, and individuals. QPWB serves clients in various industries and in multiple jurisdictions. The firm's strength flows from its experience in handling a broad range of complex business and commercial cases and transactions.
QPWB attorneys regularly represent businesses in actions involving premises liability, products liability, liquor and food liability, automobile, trucking and commercial fleet liability, construction defect, and in the defense of all other types of negligence and tort actions such as personal injury, employment liability, and workers' compensation defense.
QPWB's clients for professional liability include nursing homes, adult living facilities, hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, home health agencies, laboratories, physicians, dentists, medical directors, administrators, nurses, medical technicians, radiologists, other healthcare providers; and professional liability insurers of accountants, attorneys, architects, engineers, brokers, and agents.
Our business law department handles corporate structure, intellectual property, immigration, international law, real estate transactions, title insurance defense, bankruptcy, asset protection, land use, probate litigation, estate planning, commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and mergers and acquisitions.
Location/Region: Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)