Are you passionate about geology and geotechnical engineering and envision working on a variety of super cool and technically challenging and world renowned projects throughout California? Do you have your California CEG registration and have the drive to not only design really cool stuff but enjoy serving clients and staff and have a proven track record of stellar client communications and experience in managing projects from start to finish? Do you have what it takes to wow us as well as knock socks off our clients?
As an ENGEO Senior Project Engineering Geologist you are concerned with the detailed technical analysis of earth material and the risk assessment of geological hazards. Your role is to identify and deal with geological factors affecting engineering works. You'll assess the integrity of soil, rock, groundwater and other natural conditions prior to major construction projects, and advice on procedures required for such developments and the suitability of appropriate construction materials. You may be involved with analyzing sites and designs for environmentally-sensitive developments, such as landfill sites. By monitoring development areas and analyzing ground conditions, you ensure that structures can be secure in the short and long term.
On a project specific, multi-disciplined basis, perform well-defined field, analytical, and project administrative responsibilities under close, regular direction from leadership with encouragement to continue managing yourself and projects with alacrity? Are you committed to personal and career growth and welcome to increasingly more complex, non-routine tasks with a vast pool of support and resources to ensure your success? If so ENGEO may be for you!
As an engineering geologist, you'll need to:
- consult geological maps and aerial photographs to advise on site selection
- assist with the design of built structures, using specialized computer software or calculations
- collate data and produce reports
- oversee the progress of specific contracts
- plan detailed field investigations by drilling and analyzing samples of deposits/bedrock
- supervise site and ground investigations
- visit new project sites
- advise on and test a range of construction materials, for example sand, gravel, bricks and clay
- make recommendations on the proposed use of a site and provide information
- advise on problems such as subsidence
- serve and mentor a multi-disciplinary staff, including other engineering geologists, geotechnical engineers, consultants and field representatives
- attend professional conferences and represent the company or organization at other events.
Be the most admired and trusted service firm in the world.
Cutting-edge technical expertise.
Empower people to achieve their potential.
Elevate our profession.
ENGEOness – the positive and selfless commitment to the success of others.
Serve beyond expectations.
Live with impeccable integrity.
No bosses, just servants.
Commit to accountability and collaboration in all that we do.
Education: BS in Engineering Geology or Geology – required - M.S. degree in Geology, Geological or Geotechnical Engineering (highly preferred).
Experience: 5-7+ years –professional California consulting experience (preferred), PG and California CEG (required), Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Products. Seismic and GIS experience a plus.
Skills: Proactive, problem solver, proven track record of dependability, keen attention to detail, and well-developed interpersonal skills (in order to effectively communicate and collaborate with clients, subcontractors, city agents, project managers (locally and in other regional offices) and internal support staff) are very important to the success of this position. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse environment; have the ability to work and succeed as a team also while being resourceful when working alone in the field: and enjoy learning and sharing knowledge with others for the success of the company. Must have a good understanding of the construction industry. Must be computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook computer applications.
Candidate Criteria: Candidates must be drug free, have a clean driving record, excellent communication/writing skills and be able to physically transport 50 lbs. on a consistent basis. Candidates will ideally have business/relationship development skills while possessing a strong commitment to serving clients and peers. All candidates must thrive in a high-performing, multi-disciplinary atmosphere and be committed to excellence.
Our most important asset is our employees. The health and well-being of our employees and their families are our top priority. We provide a comprehensive benefit package for individuals and families, including:
- Sick Leave
- Personal Leave
- Medical Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care Expenses
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan and 25% match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - 7 - 10 % avg contribution of W-2
- Health Club Membership Monthly Reimbursement allowance
- Wellness Plan
- College Savings Plan (Section 529)
- Incentives for attaining professional registrations
- A fun family culture