Microsoft Dynamics CRM Senior Developer
NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
Civil Service Title: Computer Systems Manager
Title Code No: 10050
Salary: $110,000 - $120,000
Work location: 1 Centre Street
Division/Work Unit: Information Technology
Number of Positions: 1
Title Classification Field: Competitive
The Department of Citywide Administrative Services’ Information Technology Line of Service (IT) provides technological guidance within the agency by establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals, policies and procedures. IT collaborates and consults with all Lines of Services to exchange information, present new approaches and discuss system changes and enhancements.
• Candidate must have extensive experience with deep understanding of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM platform and possess skills to design and develop solutions on a technical level to meet the needs of business by utilizing the features and functions correctly and effectively.
• Develop technical specifications for Dynamics CRM ensuring a clear and complete understanding of the requirements for a successful delivery to the client.
• Provide solution/Identify and recommend product customizations and enhancements to meet client requirements using Dynamics CRM Solution.
• Serve as a subject-matter expert (SME) for Dynamics CRM to enable software development best practices, data migration and conversion, data integrity, system integrations, system performance and tuning.
• Engage with project team to gather best practices and guidance from the business team in an effort to integrate and improve methodologies and user experience.
• Immediately begin making an impact on Delivery initiatives by identifying, analyzing, and solving complex application issues and bugs.
• Fulfills data and reporting requests on demand by connecting to multiple databases and writing complex SQL queries, SSRS, SSIS, SQL Development, Optimization, Debugging, and Security using Dynamics.
• Performs Requirements analysis and makes recommendations in areas that require a high level of technical competency.
• Performs a variety of complex programming tasks, such as designing, documenting, and coding program logic.
• Provides application support and enhancements to existing applications.
• Assists in developing user documentation, manuals and necessary technical documents.
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science from an accredited college and five years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least five years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in “1” above.
Taking and passing civil service exams are necessary to maintain employment with the City of New York. Please check the Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) website (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/exam_monthly.shtml) for important exam filing information. Please ensure that you are either a permanent employee in the civil service title listed on this posting, or, that you file for the examination when there is an open filing period. For more information regarding the civil service process, please visit the DCAS website at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/work/work.shtml
New York City Residency is not required.
• 5 years hand on experience using MS Dynamics CRM
• Knowledge of Technical and functional capabilities, defining entities, designing forms and business logic etc. in MS Dynamics CRM
• Develop/Configure/customize the Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution to meet a client’s requirements using the including workflows, Service Utility or SDK
• Experience using Web API and working with Representational State Transfer (REST) web services and designing & developing XML/JSON based schemas for data exchange
• Proficient with Query Expression, Fetch XML, LinQ, Query by attribute
• Proficient in using Early and Late binding to interact with application and apt at selecting one approach over the other.
• Experience in developing CRM workflow, Custom workflow Actions and Plugins, Dialogs, Business Process Flows
• Proficient in 3rd Party Script Libraries such as JQuery / JQuery UI, Angular JS
• Proficient in writing C# plug-ins using CRM and XRM SDK libraries
• Proficient in writing client side web resources utilizing Web API's for Dynamics CRM and extract records from entities using ODATA filters and uniquely identifying records with GUID
• Proficient in writing Asynchronous programming with web services using AJAX and callback functions to extract responses in JSON objects
• Experience in Creating reports MS SQL Server SSRS, Visual Studio, .NET and defining data integration layers using SSIS.
• Experience with Agile (specifically SCRUM methodology) as well as Waterfall models and at least 4 years hands on experience in .Net development.
• Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, and other performance and troubleshooting tools.
• Knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks and configuration. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
• Experience utilizing SharePoint
• Microsoft CRM Certification is preferred.
Please go to www.nyc.gov/careers or www.nyc.gov/ess for current NYC employees and search for Job ID 368528.
NO PHONE CALLS, FAXES OR PERSONAL INQUIRIES PERMITTED.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED
The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: New York, NY