Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking to fill the full time position of Privacy Officer. This position is responsible for the Privacy Officer functions throughout Meridian Health Services (MHS). This position will work within our Quality, Risk Management and Compliance department based out of Delaware County, Muncie, Indiana. This position will be required to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Privacy: Functions as MHS's Privacy Officer to direct and/or conduct all activities related to HIPAA privacy incidents, investigations, logging and reporting. Oversight of patient rights to request, inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected health information when appropriate.
- Oversight of Business Associates and related Business Associate tasks, including Business Associate Agreements.
- Organizational Collaboration: Works with MIS and Finance as necessary to implement and maintain privacy goals.
- Confidentiality/Release of Information: Develops and enforces procedures to assure maintenance of medical and legal regulations and confidentiality of protected health information.
- Policies and Procedures: Develop and update HIPAA Policies and Procedures.
- Health Information Standards: Knowledge and continuing education of HIPAA Privacy and Security Laws.
- Provides education and continued training to facility staff as required by federal and state regulations.
- Organizational collaboration: Serves as member or leader of applicable committees. Communicates with relevant departments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in related field; RHIA certification; 2+ years of strong experience in Privacy Officer role; strong Microsoft Office experience required.
- Must possess good verbal and written skills and the ability to give clear and concise direction.
- Must have strong attention to detail, ability to be flexible and adaptable, set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to use time effectively.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
About this company
Employment at Meridian Health Services will allow you to improve lives for those in the community and for yourself. For more than 30 years, we have provided quality behavioral health services for children and families in East Central Indiana. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, but the truth is, the best rewards are the intangible ones... the accomplishment of someone whose life you have helped change for the better! Improve your life and your career at Meridian Services Corp.