Cobham is seeking a RF Engineer that will be responsible for new design activities and for support of production. This position is located in Exeter, NH.
• Support design activities as a “Project Lead” for the cable and/or waveguide value streams by utilizing simulation software. Delegation and program management skills to be used to run projects, from spec review/quoting phase to end customer delivery.
• Support sales and BD in quotes and spec reviews of cable and waveguide components.
• Perform and author qualification test plans and qualification test reports. Author other test plans/reports to include but not limited to: ATPs, White Paper Write-ups, Analysis Reports, customer responses, etc.
• Interface with customers and vendors via all forms of communication, ie: email, phone, face-to-face. Run peer reviews, customer reviews, Kick-off meetings, PDRs, CDRs, etc, with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support production and quality with product support and MRB support. Providing RF engineering expertise and support to operations and other functions as needed to achieve customer satisfaction, revenue, profitability, and continuous improvement objectives.
• Aid in the borderless engineering initiative. Working collaboratively with the other IES engineers to enable cross-functional and cross-site teams to realize the full strength of IES engineering capabilities, including coordinating resource assignments, tool selection, and procedure development.
• Assuring that engineering activities are performed in accordance with SOF-E and LCM guidelines, including application of appropriate tailoring based on the varying complexity and risk of individual programs.
• Assuring that design for manufacturability, design to unit production cost (DTUPC), and design for reliability are considered during all development efforts (in coordination with the NPI Engineering Manager).
• Work collaboratively with the mechanical engineering group to help determine trade studies for environmental, mechanical and power/thermal considerations. Produce simulation models to interface with the mechanical group for mechanical and thermal design simulations.
• Regular updates to management on project status.
• This position reports to the RF Engineering Manager.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering
• 2+ years’ experience in new product development and engineering-to-production transitions.
• Experience with design for manufacturability and cost targets.
• Experience with RF passive components or waveguide assemblies, or cable assemblies
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
• BSEE with advanced post-graduate studies in Microwave RF systems engineering or equivalent.
• Experience with RF measurements including: VSWR, Insertion Loss, Insertion Phase, Coupling, Directivity, Smith Charts, and TDR plots.
• Experience with PNA or equivalent network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power analyzer/power meter.
• Experience using and manipulate SolidWorks models, parts/assemblies. Able to make engineering sketches with SolidWorks to be used by a model shop and/or outside machine shops/vendors to produce engineering samples and prototypes. Complete mastery of SolidWorks is not a requirement.
• Experience with Ansys HFSS, CST or ADS.
• Experience with engineering and quality requirements for defense applications.
• Experience with MIL-STD-348, MIL-PRF-39012, MIL-DTL-85, MIL-DTL-23351, MIL-DTL-3922, MIL-DTL-39000, MIL-DTL-287.
• Experience with manufacturing processes including machining, CNC milling, aluminum dip brazing, ferrous metal torch and furnace brazing, metal fabrications and plating.
• Design experience in waveguide components, coaxial, stripline components, microwave switches, ferrite, circulators and coupling structures.
• Project management experience
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.