MCA is seeking a specifications writer for our Baltimore headquarters with a minimum of 5 years working in the AEC industry on projects for significant institutional, academic, healthcare and corporate clients. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who is passionate about knowledge management for creating great designs developed within a supportive, collaborative and multi-disciplinary team environment. The candidate should possess: knowledge of agreements, conditions of the contract, Division 01, and their relationships to specifications, skills in specification development, proficiency in the use of specifications templates and software and an understanding of how to research and source products. The right individual can develop this role into a leadership position.
MCA is a multi-disciplinary firm consistently ranked as one of the region’s top design firms with a portfolio that includes multiple award-winning projects. Headquartered in the Clipper Mill arts community, we offer career opportunities for motivated, professionals seeking to help shape a dynamic practice that thrives on communication and collaboration. We foster a great work environment that supports mentorship, continued education & training, and enhanced growth opportunities to maximize individual potential. We strive to create and maintain a stimulating, fulfilling workplace, and are committed to sustainability, creativity, performance and the highest levels of professional service. An Equal Opportunity Employer, MCA offers a highly competitive benefits & compensation. Please submit your cover letter, resume with salary history and references. No phone calls please.
- Degree in architecture, engineering, construction, planning or related field.
- Minimum 5 years working in the AEC industry, with experience writing construction specifications.
- Proficiency with MasterSpec format required. Knowledge of Federal specifications platforms such as SpecsIntact a plus.
- Construction Specifications Institute CDT or CCS Certifications is preferred.
- Professional registration or licensure is preferred.
- LEED Accreditation or interest in sustainable design is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.