Since our founding in 1995, Bowman Consulting has provided award-winning service on hundreds of successful projects, each with its own challenges and opportunities. Bowman Consulting's Engineers and Project Managers have earned a reputation for delivering timely and economical solutions to virtually every type of civil engineering challenge. We command comprehensive and up to date knowledge of local, state and federal regulations. We are highly efficient at obtaining the necessary entitlements, wherever our clients are building. By helping to define solutions and expedite processes throughout construction, we keep projects moving to successful completion.
Why Bowman Consulting?
At Bowman Consulting, we believe in creating opportunities for aspiring people to thrive and achieve ambitious goals. That’s why a career at Bowman Consulting is more than a job. It is an opportunity to be part of a diverse and engaged community of professionals, to be treated as a respected and valued member of a motivated team and to be empowered to do exceptional work that advances the best interest of everyone involved in it. We recognize the importance of creating a work environment that is both rewarding to our employees and supportive of our unwavering commitment to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
We are currently seeking an experienced CAD Designer for mining and industrial projects in the Tucson, Arizona area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transform initial sketches and rough product designs into working documents using AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Complete design work using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other design/drafting software.
- Develop and review completed civil engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Assist senior level staff or management with clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams on moderately complex project issues.
- Work closely with project manager to determine if scope of work or budgets need to be revised.
- Experience with AutoCAD required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive work experience using Civil 3D.
- Essential skills: Experience with computer applications and civil engineering design software such as Civil 3D, Bentley Systems, Carlson, Microsoft Office, etc. as well as a familiarity with reading construction plans.
- Candidates should be able to multi-task and prioritize work, have strong communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Desired design experience includes proficiency in creating and working with TINS and 3D surfaces along with grading, drainage, water, sewer and roadway plans.
Note: The position description is intended as a summary only of key duties. Other related duties may be assigned as appropriate
For immediate consideration, please apply now.
Bowman Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Bowman Consulting Group does not sponsor any visa applications for this position. The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of identity and legal authorization to work in the US.