Procurement Services at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Furnishings Interior Designer / Furnishings and Equipment Project Manager that will provide project management services for all capital furnishing and equipment projects and internal interior design services for furnishing projects. The successful candidate will support furnishing purchases through project management and design activities. The successful candidate will ensure effective project management on capital furnishing and equipment projects by providing leadership and superior coordination between various stakeholders, both internal and external. The successful candidate will also gather information from architects, campus stakeholders and vendors in order to provide campus departments with interior design assistance and recommendations on projects large and small, and will support procurement efforts through detailed knowledge of procurement policies, procedures, contracts and vendor relationships.
Qualifications include working knowledge of commercial furnishings, finishes and equipment, ideally in a higher education setting, knowledge of products, vendors, suppliers and installers and knowledge of state/university procurement regulations, building code, systems furniture and ADA regulations.
Other qualifications include:
- Ability to work with and lead a cross-functional team in an effective manner.
- Experience gathering and defining design requirements with requesting customer and preparing alternative solutions ranging from conceptual design to final design within established parameters.
- Ability to provide space planning/furniture layout presentations to clients.
- Ability to create and interpret design documents.
- Experience coordinating design activities with architects, engineers, safety, security, construction, accessibility, procurement and other related functional areas.
- Ability to effectively use AutoCad and/or Revit and Microsoft Office Suite and Project Management packages.
- Ability to work independently, as a project leader, and in team situations.
- Strong facilitation skills to manage customer meetings, track open issues, negotiate contracts and manage due dates.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture or a related field preferred. Preferred licenses include NCIDQ, NCARG and/or Project Management Certification.
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1066. Salary range is $58,500 - $65,000. This is a grant funded position and is contingent upon continued funding. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check. The successful candidate must complete a Statement of Personal Economic Interests prior to their first day of employment.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.