Atlanta-based, Premier Exhibitions, Inc. is a publicly traded company in the business of developing and touring museum quality exhibitions. The company is currently seeking a qualified Registrar/Art Handler to fulfill ‘hands-on’ collections management responsibilities related to the storage facility and to traveling exhibitions.
Ideal candidate will be an extremely organized, proactive, and energetic individual who is able to travel regularly and is willing to relocate to Atlanta, GA.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Care, handling and oversight of objects in exhibitions and in storage..
· Physical installation and de-installation of exhibitions both domestically and abroad, including packing and unpacking crates, cavity packing, etc.
· Preparation of detailed condition reports and associated documents.
· Maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records of exhibitions, as well as other data in the collections management system.
· Act as a representative of Premier Exhibitions Inc.to communicate with venue staff, assess issues and develop creative and safe solutions.
· Act as a Liaison between contractors and venue staff associated with the collection during the entire exhibition process.