Zippo Manufacturing Company is currently seeking a qualified applicant for a full time salaried opportunity in our Engineering and Manufacturing Division for a Quality Engineer.
The primary function of this position is to ensure that the quality of all parts produced meet or exceed all expectations. The successful candidate must quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are discovered, and must maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements, therefore ensuring documented practices meet the true interpretation of quality management system standards. Duties not limited to the list below.
• Collaborate with quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design.
• Make recommendations to modify part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
• Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
• Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
• Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. In addition, they must have 5 to 7 years’ experience managing a certified quality management system. Furthermore, they must have a demonstrated exceptional mechanical aptitude, proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment, customer quality assurance experience, previous audit experience, and knowledge of AX operating system.
Zippo offers competitive pay and excellent benefits. Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements and GPA’s for all degrees and majors to Zippo Manufacturing Company, Director of Human Resources, 33 Barbour Street, Bradford, PA 16701 or email to:
email@example.com. Deadline for responses is September 22, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer