The Regional Human Resource Manager supports field operations in key areas of human resources within an assigned region. These responsibilities primarily include talent acquisition, Team Member development, succession planning and benefits/compensation. The Regional HR Manager will guide, train, and participate in the execution of HR policies and processes while supporting the culture and values of USPAWN and EZCORP.
A successful candidate must have experience in multi-unit field level support. The essential duties and function include the following:
Partner with and Support Field Operations
Guide, train, and direct, business partners on HR related federal, state, and local laws and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Guide and support Field Leadership in the long and short-term planning in human resources areas such as staffing, employee development, and succession planning. Establish effective business relationships with Regional leaders, staying in close contact with internal customers to understand their business needs.
Manage regional recruiting, selection/screening, and on-boarding processes to ensure vacant and backfill positions are identified, and filled in a timely manner according to the KPI’s in place.
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using databases such as EZCORP’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS), online databases (such as CareerBuilder), networking, internet recruiting resources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals.
- Teach District Manager’s and Store Manager’s how to recruit and select quality Team Members while following the Company’s best practices to ensure the selection and retention of the best possible candidate.
- Interview applicants and provide interview results to hiring manager, along with recommendation; refer qualified candidates for additional interviewing to Field Leadership and Store Management.
- Inform applicants about job related details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions and future promotion opportunities.
- Work with District Managers to coordinate Pre-Employment Observation Visit with top candidates.
- Assist in determining appropriate pay rates.
- Work with the Human Resource Services and Administration; facilitate background/drug checking activities and follow up to ensure the process is expedited accordingly
- Ensure the execution of new Team Member on-boarding programs through our new Path to Success
Team Member Development
Assess leadership development needs through strategic partnership with Field Leadership (e.g., talent assessments, panel reviews, etc.)
Assist in identifying high potential Team Members for development
Utilize available tools in the Talent Management System for succession planning. (9-Box)
- Lead and support the performance appraisal process.
Partner with and supports the Training Department with USPAWN initiatives for compliance training, new initiatives, Path to Success, and special project programs.
Benefits and Compensation
Provide market specific feedback to Support Center and Human Resources Services & Administration team
Facilitate benefits education rollout and support to Field Leadership and Store Teams
Lead and support the annual review and succession planning process (9-Box and performance appraisal)
HR Metric Analysis and Action Planning
- Analyze statistical data and reports with the RDO and Sr. Director of Field HR to identify and determine areas of trends and opportunity (e.g., vacancy rates, turnover, and talent gaps); develop recommendations for improving procedures and practices.
- Monitor human resources metrics reporting and use as a tool when coaching and mentoring Field Leadership and Store Management.
Team Member Relations
- Support Regional Director of Operations in conflict resolution as necessary
- Support and lead, as necessary, the investigation process of Team Member concerns and complaints brought forward through the Network or other sources. Act as a consultant and advisor on recommended solutions and follow up.
- Educate managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment.
- Conduct harassment and EEO training as necessary to educate Team Members regarding appropriate professional behavior.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons why Team Members leave as necessary
Human Resource Team Participation
- Support Human Resources initiatives
- Efficiently and effectively manage resources and capacity to attain goals; includes managing to a budget.
- Participate in special human resources projects as requested by the human resources Leadership Team.
Professional Role Model
Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and effective organizational skills and time management skills used to prioritize work.
5 years progressive Human Resources experience, including Team Member Sourcing/Selection, Interviewing, Team Member Development and Team Member relations.
Demonstrated knowledge of Employment Legislation including Title VII, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, etc.
Experience using HR Technology to manage recruiting, pre-screening, and online testing processes.
Multi-Site support experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Human Resources, or related course of study.
PHR or SPHR certification preferred