Wilhoit Properties is in search of a Construction Superintendent in the Gaffney area. This position has the overall responsibility of ensuring that all phases of construction at their assigned job sites are completed on time and smoothly. Our construction projects are predominately apartment communities and single family home housing developments. Please note, this position may require that you temporarily relocate for the duration of projects.
- Coordinate with sub-contractors to ensure construction is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct daily safety inspections and hold toolbox talks with sub-contractors.
- Maintain a clean and organized job site.
- Regularly review floor plans and project specifications to ensure work is being properly completed.
- Perform material and quantity estimates at each stage of the construction cycle.
- Coordinate the ordering and delivery of materials and supplies with the corporate office.
- Maintain professional relationships with city, county, and state governments officials.
- Communicate issues and schedule changes with sub-contractors and the corporate office.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in construction management is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and understand floorplans and blueprints is required.
- Must be able to walk job sites, lift/pull/push up to 50 pounds on occasion, and be able to work outdoors during all seasons.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Ability to control and maintain erosion control measures
We offer competitive pay, a monthly auto-allowance, travel per-diem, 401k with company match, and health, dental, and life insurance.