South East Region includes the following states: Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia
No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Managed Care Regional Account Manager will maximize profitable access for Lundbeck’s U.S. portfolio of promoted products through key regional managed care HMOs, PBMs and State Medicaid Plans. The Regional Account Manager will do this through the creation and implementation of pull-through programs, in conjunction with sales colleagues, as well as creating business cases to leverage contract terms within established corporate guidelines.
* Engages in account portfolio planning using utilization data, and knowledge of therapeutic class management behavior by targeted plans, to determine prioritization of activities that will maximize returns for Lundbeck
* Creates business plans for targeted accounts that include clinical and economic elements to gain or improve product access
* Demonstrates resourcefulness in penetrating multiple departments within a health plan in order to convey the value proposition of Lundbeck and our products
* Develops and executes pull-through plans with field sales counterparts after access is achieved
* Monitors, reports on, and reinforces pull-through efforts to assure optimization of identified opportunities
* Partners with National Account Managers and Strategic Account Managers to optimize opportunities within established geography
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
* Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5+ years pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech or healthcare industry experience
* Sufficient demonstration of business acumen in identifying and prioritizing sales opportunities to maximize the effectiveness of one's efforts, or that of a team
* Experience creating and executing a pull-through plan for a pharmaceutical product as a result of a formulary advancement
* Understanding of formulary control mechanisms employed by MCO/PBMs and how they impact patients and physician’s utilization; this knowledge is gained from experience managing a sales territory or district where a plan's formulary decision had either helped or impeded sales
* Resourcefulness in getting access to decision makers, directly or indirectly, to represent your product
* Strategic planning as demonstrated by having created a business/territory plan to maximize sales of product(s) in a sales territory or district
* Demonstration of ability to work collaboratively and influence without authority in achieving outcomes
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Previous Area/District and/or Personnel Sales Management experience
* Managed care account management experience preferred
* Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
* 2+ years managed care account management, account management, sales management, managed care liaison, or having worked for a payer interacting directly with pharmaceutical manufacturers
* Preference that candidate lives within 100 miles of territory boundaries
* Willingness/Ability to travel up to 70% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) attend internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.