Lapeyre Stair has an opportunity for a Stair System Detailer to assist in their Engineering department to perform a variety of engineering, drafting and design layouts of stair configurations usually with limited supervision. The successful candidate will translate design concepts into detailed customer erection drawings and create detailed shop drawings from 3D models using Advanced Steel (AutoCad based software).
Lapeyre Stair is part of the Laitram family of companies.Laitram, L.L.C, a global company, offers an unparalleled opportunity for those who want to work for an established, yet growing company in the private sector. We offer opportunities for continuous improvement, and career advancement. To learn more about our company culture, philosophy, and benefits,,please visit our Careers website. Responsibilities:
- Create detailed drawing for customer approval as well as detailed shop drawings based on shop equipment requirements.
- Provide technical stair system design and drafting support.
- Organize and maintain CAD library.
- Work directly with customers as needed to clarify system requirements.
- Read Architectural drawings to determine customer system requirements and work with team members to create designs to meet those requirements.
- Design and build shop fixtures for fabrication.
- Self-managed, team-player, good communication skills, detail oriented.
- Able to read Architectural and structural drawings
- 3-5 years CAD and detailing experience (3D).
- Mechanically competent.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Fluent in written/spoken English.
- High school graduate, good grades.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- More than 5 years CAD experience.
- College or vocational/technical degree.
- 3D CAD software experience.
- Other trade experience (welding, woodworking, electrical, auto mechanic, etc.)
- Stair System / Structural Design experience
- Experience with AutoCad 2010 (or late versions), Advanced Steel or AutoCad Revit.
- Experience writing RFI’s.
- Experience in the construction industry.