- Provide support to the Director of Transmission Systems in the procurement, installation, maintenance, and compliance duties related to Digital Television RF Systems, Microwave systems, Satellite Transmission Systems, and transmission facilities.
- Provide maintenance to Kentucky Educational Television’s statewide network DTV transmission systems and ancillary RF equipment. This includes maintenance of transmitter building grounds and support equipment (HVAC equipment and Generators).
- Be responsible for the procurement and delivery coordination of maintenance items, supplies, and equipment to support the digital plant at the Network Center and transmitter sites.
- Install equipment and make performance measurements as required to maintain state of the art operation and other special projects as requested by KET.
- Maintain and verify all necessary records, logs, and reports required by FCC Regulations and local and state agencies. Also, maintain and verify records, including time sheets, inventory, transmitter reports, and any special reports requested by KET.
- Provide technical support and assistance to viewer DTV reception inquires.
- Work a flexible schedule on a regular basis, to include weekend shifts as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
Two-year technical college degree plus 2 years of experience in the operation and maintenance of TV/radio broadcasting equipment. Knowledge of RF telecommunications systems, IP telecommunications systems, digital television systems, digital electronics, and Windows-based computer systems or equivalent combination of education and experience. Moderate physical activity is required; including climbing ladders, handling of average-weight objects up to 70 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day. A valid driver’s license is required, as position requires travel.