Location: Chesapeake Landing 256-unit multi-family community
1551 Causeway Drive
Centerville, OH 45458
The Leasing Specialist position allows you to build relationships with prospective residents and show them why they should select our property as their home. We are looking for someone with a proven track record in sales and customer service to help us with the leasing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Answer phones and email on a daily basis.
- Respond in a timely manner to all prospects and leads to convert to on-site appointments.
- Schedule, coordinate, and conduct unit showings with prospective tenants.
- Meet with new prospects and provide expert information on our product offering in a kind and helpful manner to try to win the business of new tenants who meet our property criteria.
- Generate new leases.
- Initiate creative strategies to build positive buzz about the apartment community; partner with nearby businesses, attend local events, and make connections/contacts in the neighborhood.
- Check curb appeal and apartments each day to ensure we are ready to tour and demonstrate our property offerings to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Lead social media initiatives to connect and engage residents; post announcements, photos, updates, and event information.
- Shop the competition.
- Meet and exceed monthly leasing targets.
- Complete daily checklist.
- Report all property deficiencies to Community Manager.
- Respond to, and maintain constant communication regarding any work orders.
- Process applications and gather the verifications that support the application process and prepare the move-in paperwork.
- Administrative duties and projects as assigned by Regional and Community Manager.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Organize and attend resident social events.
- Interact with all residents, staff, clients and vendors in a professional and courteous manner.
- An understanding of Fair Housing.
- Very strong organizational and sales skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with others.
- Strong computer and phone skills.
Education and Experience:
- Previous sales and customer service experience is beneficial.
- Experience within the apartment industry is preferred.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Able to perform at high levels in fast paced work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation, 401k option, medical insurance, life insurance, dental and vision.
- A collaborative, progressive, team development environment.
- Paid holidays (including your birthday!) and paid time off.
- Opportunities to make a difference in a growing and highly productive environment.
Birge & Held is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
About this company
Birge & Held owns and manages multi-family assets across the country and is committed to serving not only our investors but those who live in our communities and our employees who devote their professional talents to the team’s success. We create profitable partnerships, an enriched work environment for our employees and best in class properties by doing the following: