Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the “Best Place to Work in Insurance” for eight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- 12-week paid parental leave
- A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Frequent athletic and wellness events
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
Lockton Dunning Benefits is currently seeking a Benefits Analyst, to partner with the HR Outsourcing team in managing and servicing client accounts. This position will be located in San Antonio, TX. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism; possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility to easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Assist in the administration of various benefits plans for various clients, including retirement plan administration
- Process and audit benefits billing
- Manage the maintenance and storage of employee benefit records, accurate employee data entry in HRIS/BenAdmin system and appropriate administration of benefits enrollment, retirement and other transactions
- Provide research, reporting and analytical support as required
- Coordinate and correspond with various internal and external contacts, such as benefit carriers, employees and HR department
- Write and structure internal communications, including proposals, reports and presentations
- Assist in preparation for executive meetings
- Collect and assist with analyzing and interpreting health care data using utilization reports from vendors/carriers
- Assist with development of communications on new plans and policies and communicate new plans, policies, as required to employees and HR
- Assist with designing new benefit plans
- Supporting the development of policies related to health and welfare benefits
- Assist with financial reporting related to the benefits programs
- Coordinates annual open enrollment activities; schedules and conducts open enrollment and change meetings; oversees preparation and assembly of all materials; supervises the input, audit, company notification, and employee confirmation of changes
- Answers questions and provides information and general assistance regarding benefits and related human resources programs, plans, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Provides staff assistance to the Benefits Director; completes and prepares various reports, surveys, and tables; prepares, maintains, and disseminates information and documents as appropriate and necessary
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of benefit administration
- Self-directed, works with minimal supervision
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 1-2 years of professional experience in benefits administration is desirable
- Good understanding of Healthcare Reform
- Experience in completing root cause analysis of system errors, ability to understand the way data flows, organizational structure in systems
- Familiarity with carrier administration systems (i.e. BCBS, UHC, CIGNA, Delta, Aetna) and ability to trace a disconnect between the BenAdmin system and the carrier
- Knowledge of benefit specific guidelines of DOL, IRS, ERISA, HIPAA and PPACA
- Ability to coordinate the day-to-day operations of employee benefit plans and programs including flexible benefits programs, group medical and life insurance plans, disability programs including FMLA administration, retirement plans
- General knowledge of Time and Attendance systems, Recruiting systems and General Ledger (GL)
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of contact by phone or in person
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Legal right to work in the United States
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a " Best Place to Work in Insurance ." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.