Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, checkLockton Market Update.
For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
- 12-week paid parental leave
- A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
- Frequent athletic and wellness events
- Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
Lockton is currently looking for a System Administrator in Kansas City.
Provides technical support to information technology users. Able to perform installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support of client/server and network systems and software with assistance. Works with users and management to coordinate hardware and software installation and maintenance to enhance the business goals.
- Provide technical support for Lockton information technology users.
- Identify hardware and software problems and provide troubleshooting or replacement support.
- Monitor automatic processes such as antivirus and security updates and address issues as needed.
- Be the front line support for escalated help desk tickets by either resolving them or routing them to the correct resource.
- Possesses good organizational and planning skills.
- Maintains awareness of new technologies.
- Provides reports of work performed and statistical information for areas of responsibility.
- Provides prioritized project plans for areas of responsibility.
- Performs all work in a professional, timely manner.
- Possesses the ability, skill and deportment to work independently in a professional, mature manner.
- Strives to add value to the business through information technology systems.
- Provides key input in technologies for strategic direction and goals.
- Maintains full and complete communication with users, IT associates and management.
- Proves to be a positive role model in performing all duties and assignments.
- Provides exceptional customer service and adheres to the Lockton Philosophies.
- Supports the Information Technology vision, mission goals and strategy.
- Makes decisions in compliance with established corporate and department standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications are highly desirable.
- Proven project and time management skills.
- Experience with System Center, Endpoint Protection, Avamar and Trend Antivirus a plus.
- Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records.
- Ability to show initiative and resourcefulness when presented with situations.
- Moderate overtime, off-shift support and travel required.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with people from many different disciplines and with varying degrees of technical experience.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.