The Receptionist provides support to the business office functions of Hope Ministries and its subsidiaries in accordance with the intent and directives found in its Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Statement of Faith and Mission Statement. The scope of responsibilities includes support in the areas of administration, finance, human resources and accounting. The Receptionist is accountable to, and reports to, the Director of Operations.
- Work in a spirit of cooperation and mutual assistance with all other staff members of Hope Ministries and its subsidiaries.
- Answer telephones and transfer/route/direct calls appropriately to Hope Ministries various facilities, or to other community agencies as needed.
- Greet and assist donors, volunteers and other visitors.
- Execute the weekly valuation and tabulation of in-kind donations for the Director of Human Resources and Community Outreach Operations, under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Provide general clerical, secretarial, and document management support to the President/CEO, the Director of Operations, and the Director of Human Resources and Community Outreach Operations. Duties assigned by the President/CEO will take precedence and will be completed promptly.
- Work cooperatively with the Accounting/Payroll Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Operations, to ensure that accounts payable obligations are approved according to Hope Ministries’ procedures, and that checks are signed in a timely manner by the appropriate staff.
- Order office and other supplies as needed for the organization.
- Double-check, prepare, assemble and mail completed checks for accounts payable, bringing any errors or discrepancies to the attention of the Director of
- Manage the scheduling of the Administration conference rooms.
- Assist with data backup procedures as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Perform basic payroll and accounts payable functions normally provided by the
- Accounting/Payroll Coordinator, providing backup as needed.
- Handle gift documentation from bank and incoming/outgoing mail as needed.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources and Community Outreach Operations with human resources-related tasks, including (but not restricted to) tracking of staff birthdays, ordering of plants and plaques according to established procedure, filing of personnel documents, preparation of new employee packets, and maintenance of the master staff contact list.
- Spiritual Qualifications: Must have a lifestyle that demonstrates moral and ethical adherence to the teachings of the Bible and an expressed desire to minister to those who are poor, needy and homeless
- Education: High school degree or equivalent required
- General Experience: Required- one to two years' experience in general office functions, receptionist/front office, or similar equivalent, with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with maintaining filing systems for a busy office highly desired. Previous bookkeeping experince a plus