GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The principal purpose of this position is to provide assistance and support to students applying for Financial Aid, registering, or paying their bill. The Student Support Specialist should be able to answer most routine questions and provide information to students on the phone. The position will be the representative of the Financial Aid and Registrar’s office, and as such customer service skills and friendly demeanor are required.
- Represent the College in the most positive manner to students, parents and community members.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents and community members.
- Assist students with financial aid, registration and billing issues.
- Help students through the financial aid application.
- Spend at least 80 - 90% of the day assisting students over the phone.
- Handling traffic of in-person scheduled appointments.
- Assist in orientation presentations on financial aid.
- Assists with the processing of financial aid and registrar forms.
- Help with registrations, adding and dropping of classes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
About this company
Kirkwood employees have long set the standard for innovative talent, visionary spirit, and overall excellence in their work. Being part of Kirkwood means being part of a deep commitment to the success of every student, every day. As one of Cedar Rapids' top 10 employers, we have a lot to offer and strive to reward our employees with generous benefits and perks. Join the Kirkwood Team!