Job ID 142631 # Positions 2 Location US-AZ-Phoenix Category Maintenance - Vehicle Division RAC More information about this job General Responsibilities If you’re looking for the benefits of joining an industry leader, with a high-charged, energy-filled environment, then you can stop looking, because you have found what you’re looking for in the Utility Mechanic position at ourHertz Rent-A-Car location. Bring your energy, drive, and motivation to Hertz, and set your goals on cruise control! The Hertz Corporation, a world leader in the car rental industry, currently seeks energetic team players to join our teamDuties include changing oil, changing tires, and 13-point inspections. Must be a quick learner, and have some auto mechanical knowledge. Applicants must have an assortment of tools, oil filter wrenches, socket set, and a toolbox to keep them in. Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required.Primary Responsibilities:
- The primary purpose of the Utility Mechanic is to perform general and warranty repairs and or/ preventative maintenance checks on all Hertz fleet vehicles.
- Responsible for oil/lube/tire changes, 13 point inspections, brake and tire repair, and miscellaneous vehicle repairs.
- Responsible for creation/processing of shop repair orders.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Properly time stamp documents as required.
- Follow all company service and safety policies and procedures.
- Must own/use your own tools.
Mandatory Requirements Educational Background:
High School Diploma required, technical training or certificate preferredProfessional Experience:Knowledge:
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical issues with various automotive system
- Knowledge of brakes, drive train, electrical components, vacuum systems, and body.
- Ability with some supervision to use computer-based diagnostic systems
- Prior experience doing light automotive mechanics in a shop is required
- Ability to work with common hand tools is required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with continuous bending and twisting
- Must be available to work scheduled hours depending on the needs of the branch
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s Licensewith clean motor vehicle record
- Periodic MVR checks will be performed if hired