The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking a Business Systems Analyst II with experience to elicit, analyze, document, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. The Business Systems Analyst will propose solutions to business problems to advance our automation efforts. We have several high priority projects that require time-management, flexibility, and prioritization skills. This Business Systems Analyst will pick up the projects in their current state and support the projects through implementation.
This candidate must have the ability to work closely with project managers, business teams, and technical resources. This candidate must also have the ability to support the testing initiative, including the ability to write and manage test cases. Must have the ability to analyze problems accurately and develop effective courses of action. They will be expected to analyze workflow processes and develop recommendations for improvements and solutions to problems. They will develop subject matter expertise as they evaluate changes in critical business processes and translate business needs into systems specifications. They will be engaged in many aspects of project development and must be always bring a positive, can-do attitude to the projects.
o Minimum of six (6) years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst.
o Functional knowledge and skills reflective of a competent business analyst with the ability to deliver on work of high technical complexity.
o Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
o Ability to apply the appropriate knowledge and techniques necessary to draw out requirements completely and accurately from business participants.
o Ability to organize and produce information provided by business participants to enable the project team to implement a solution that meets those needs and also identifies opportunities for improvement.
o Ability to create and manage documentation that supports the effective delivery of technology that meets specific business needs.
o Ability to determine the appropriate business analyst activities, tools, and techniques necessary to complete, manage, and monitor a business analysis effort within the SDLC.
- Ability to handle ambiguity, use judgment to make decisions, take initiative, and apply critical thinking.
- Proven ability to work with staff of varying skill levels (executive, business stakeholders, technical, non-technical, and end users).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaboratively structure and facilitate working and informational sessions with both business and technical personnel, of varying levels of experience and skills, to achieve desired outcomes with limited direction.
- Excellent change management skills with the ability to respond to change requests and resource adjustments.
o Ability to effectively interface with others and develop healthy, productive work interactions.
o Strong experience with MS Office Suite, including SQL, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Knowledge of legacy COBOL applications and MS .NET.
o Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server will be considered a plus.
- Quality Assurance experience a plus, which includes ability to translate system specifications (written or derived) into test plans and test cases; executes test plans and test scripts and documents results and defects; monitors test plans and verifies that development deliverables are consistent with the systems specifications.
The preferred candidate will possess the following experience in the specific functional area of business analysis: Manages complex to moderately complex level system and project requirements; identifies changes to scope and tracks requirements through implementation; defines key business processes and identifies critical paths of the operations; identifies the impact of technology on business processes; working with the project team, proposes, documents, and assesses technical solutions to business needs; verifies and validates complex/moderately complex level system specifications; identifies process gaps; translates business needs into systems specifications; utilizes elicitation and facilitation techniques.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Six (6) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the Information Technology Analyst I level or its equivalent.
1. College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2. A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by October 30, 2017. Applications should be submitted through the on-line application site at: https://www.jud.ct.gov/hronline/. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Please reference posting number #17-3000-007