The State of Connecticut Judicial Branch is seeking a Software Developer III to participate in a dynamic team environment. They will be responsible to deliver content based upon the standards and guidelines defined by the lead architect. The responsibilities of the Software Developer include:
- Development of ASP.NET, VB.NET, MVC5 web applications with Entity Framework 6 using Visual Studio 2012 for Administrative Services which including but not limited to Financial, Human Resource, Facilities, and Materials Management applications and reports.
- Develop report content using Microsoft SQL Server BI stack (SSRS/SSMS/SSIS/SSAS).
- Author stored procedures, queries, and other objects to support reporting needs.
- Assist with data analysis efforts.
- Follow standards set by Information Technology Division and Administrative Services Technology Unit.
- Assist in supporting legacy systems. Web forms, html, etc.
The skills and experience required for a candidate to be considered for this position include:
- Eight (8) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development.
- Developing T-SQL queries.
- Building Business Intelligence solutions (reports, dashboards, scorecards) using Microsoft Business Intelligence technology stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Creating and supporting technical documentation.
- Using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, Outlook, VBA, etc.).
- Monitoring and troubleshooting legacy application/systems.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates who have working knowledge and experience with SQL Server database design
- Create and alter tables, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, relationships, constraints
- Troubleshoot issues with stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, relationships, and constraints, views, and tables
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Ajax, winforms, and web services a plus
- Familiar with responsive and other design patterns, TFS source code management and data integration and ETL processes
- Gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Read and understand a requirements document (multiple styles)
- Understand and work well in/with all project phases, process/standards, and documentation support
- Background in structuring data for research purposes.
- Ability to work with staff of varying skill levels.
- Ability to work with other IT staffcollaboratively.
- Strong communications skills including written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal.
- Proven ability to produce quality work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
The preferred candidate will possess the following experience in the specific functional area of software development: Analyzes, designs, codes and tests complex to highly complex software applications and reports, including business intelligence reports; configures and installs application packages; writes technical program specifications and technical systems specifications; troubleshoots and supports production issues.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
General Experience: Eight (8) years of experience in information technology (IT), programming, systems/software development or another IT related field with a concentration in the specific area of the position being applied for.
Special Experience: One (1) year of the General Experience must have been at the advanced working level with responsibility for performing a full range of moderately complex technical support functions as highlighted in one of functional area(s) listed above.
1. College training in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equaling six (6) months of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
2. A Master’s degree in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering or related area may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
3. Relevant certification in management information systems, computer science, electrical engineering, project management or related area may be substituted for up to six (6) months of the general experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Incumbents may be required to travel within the State in the course of their daily work.
Applications must be received by October 30, 2017. Applications should be submitted through the on-line application site at: https://www.jud.ct.gov/hronline/. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Please reference posting number #17-3000-009