This role will be Responsible for the review, analysis and adjustment of various sized property loss claims, in the field. These will include both Non-CAT and CAT claims of varying complexities. There will be designated territories for field assignments as well as expected travel during period of Catastrophe losses. The claims will be handled within a delegated settlement authority limit and will ensure compliance with state and internal requirements. These claims will be completed by using detailed investigations, coverage assessments, documentation, negotiating, and estimate preparation.Responsibilities
- Review, investigate, analyze and adjust field property claims.
- Key claim handling elements will include coverage assessment, investigation, documentation, estimate preparation, and claim file conclusion.
- You will be required to negotiate with insureds, claimants, public adjusters, and attorneys or other professionals.
- Additionally, you will be required to assess the loss and establish appropriate reserves for these files. This would include both day to day claim files as well as Catastrophe claim files that would cause a significant increase in claim volume during events.
- The field claim representatives will serve as the first responders and leaders in the field during catastrophe events. This will include responding and handling of catastrophe losses during events.
- Overall claim file and desk management that will include document gathering, written and phone inter-actions, estimate preparation, statements, etc. File documentation can include photos, estimates, statements, police reports, and other items that will be pertinent to the completion of the claim file.
- Additionally, you will work to identify process improvements, handling techniques, and work-flows that will assist in improve property claims handling methods.
- 1 to 3 years of claim adjusting experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills due to nature of relationship with client.
- Excellent negotiation and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work having a high degree of accuracy; strong attention to detail.
- Experience with personal lines property claims settlement as to demonstrate advanced knowledge.
- Previous experience in coaching or training others.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Estimate program skills such as Xactimate.
Location/Region: Denver, CO