First American is a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. Tracing our heritage back to 1889, First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com.
As a Commercial Title Examiner, you will be responsible for searching public records and examining titles to determine legal condition of primarily commercial or industrial property titles. Copy or summarize recorded documents which affect the condition of title to the property. Work independently and use experience to examine title to real property, ranging in complexity, to determine status and establish chain of title. Build base of experience with different types of property. Projects undertaken can range from simple parcels requiring a few hours of production time to commercial properties that may take days or even weeks to complete.
- Performs title examination and examines the chain of title for a wide range of title orders, primarily commercial/residential
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as leases, subleases, liens, judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plot and map books. Determines ownership and legal restrictions to verify legal description of property and completeness of records that may cross county lines.
- Resolves most issues such as missing information, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation
- Prepares initial title commitment documentation based on the application of procedural guidelines
- Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy
- May provide underwriting interpretation within established guidelines
- Commercial Title Examining experience
- Detail / quality orientation
- Analytical review skills
- Research skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
- Standard MS skill set
- Proficient with company operating systems
- Knowledge of legal terms helpful
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 3+ years directly related experience
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Scottsdale, AZ