Multi-funded non-profit/affordable housing development agency seeks Chief Executive Officer/ Executive Director
Job Summary : Has ultimate management responsibility of the organization either directly or through delegated authority. Implements the strategic goals and objectives of the organization as established by the Board of Directors. With the Chair of the Board, enables the Board to fulfill its governance function; to give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organizations philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
Reports to : Board of Directors
- Board Administration and Support – Supports operations and administration of Board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, site and property management.
- Program, Product and Service Delivery – Either directly or indirectly through appointed executive staff, oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – Either directly or indirectly through appointed executive staff, recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organizations resources within those budget guidelines according to laws and regulations.
- Human Resources Management – Either directly or indirectly through appointed executive staff, effectively manages the human resources of the company according to the authorized personnel policies and procedures that conform to current laws and regulations.
- Community and Public Relations – Either directly or indirectly through appointed executive staff, assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders (clients, funders, vendors, community).
- Fundraising – Either directly or indirectly through appointed executive staff, oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, assessing requests for proposals for appropriateness, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administering fundraising records and documentation
- Affordable Housing Development – Either directly or indirectly through appointed executive staff, oversees the implementation of housing development from project conception, feasibility assessment, assembling the development team-architect, General
Contractor, attorney and consultants, negotiating site control, developing project budget and negotiating with city, state and /or federal and tax credit syndicators for project financing, meet with and gain the approval and support for the project from elected officials, planning bodies and the community for the project and oversees the construction of the project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in the development of the organization’s mission statement and goals, and the corresponding strategies, plans and budgets to achieve them;
- Ensure the development of priority plans, performance measurements, management controls, and critical success factors;
- Review approved plans and budgets as part of the annual planning and budgeting cycle and present recommendations to the board of directors and/or the appropriate committee;
- Develop and provide appropriate policy recommendations for consideration by the board;
- Ensure that an annual plan and budget are prepared for and presented to the board of directors;
- Propose agendas for the board of directors reflecting issues, opportunities, and priorities; Present written report to all board meetings;
- Develop and maintain an effective staff organization which provides appropriate policy and program recommendations for consideration by the board and its committees, and which delivers services, programs and information beneficial to the clients;
- Hire, reward, discipline, terminate, and set the remuneration of all organization employees except for him/herself, in accordance with policy and/or approved budgets;
- Identify, document and articulate the needs of clients to geographic sub-units, committees, and other forums which exist to serve client needs;
- Promote collaboration with and among the organization’s geographic sub-units to address the needs of clients and the mission and goals of the organization;
- Maintain the necessary contacts to keep abreast of emerging issues of significance to the organization management profession;
- Act as the spokesperson for the organization;
- Serve as the ambassador for the organization to relevant organizations in NYC and NYS and nationally;
- Perform such other duties as are prescribed in writing from time to time by the board of directors.
The CEO is a non-voting director and officer of the organization. In addition, the CEO will be a non-voting, ex officio member of all committees, task forces and other forms appointed or established by and accountable to the board of directors.
The CEO is the representative of the organization as employer of paid staff and solely responsible for establishing compensation and benefits, supervision and the hiring and release of the organization’s employees.
Qualifications: High-level education in business administration, public administration, social work or related field. Wide range of knowledge and skills in management, social service provision, fiscal responsibility, and affordable housing development. Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional leadership skill.
- Quick decision-making ability.
- Excellent communication, written and spoken.
- Ability to network with for-profit and non-profit corporation executives, government representative, political advocates, and private foundation executives.
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere between and among programs and program directors and staff.
- Integrity and honesty in all dealings.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Location/Region: Astoria, NY (US - 11102)