Note: This job opportunity is located in Ota, Gunma, Japan
Full Time Secondary School ELA Curriculum Coordinator/Junior High School English Teacher
Starting Date: April 1, 2018 (must arrive Japan a few days before the date of hire)
We are a Japanese private school authorized by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology to follow the Japanese course of study while implementing a 12-year English Immersion Program. We are also an IB World School providing the IB Diploma to students in 11th and 12th grades.
IF you are interested in our school and the open positions, please see below or visit our school's website postings. The URL for our school web job posting site is:
IF you are interested in our school and the open positions, please see below or visit our school's website postings.
Below is one of the several open positions, but you can see more openings when you see our website openings.
We are looking for a teacher with a valid teaching certificate in the country of origin which qualifies the holder to teach English in the secondary school. A strong background secondary school education is required. A solid experience in teaching junior high school English with a background in curriculum coordination is required. MYP teaching experience is preferred.
Fall under the disqualifications stated in Article 9 of the Japan School Education Law or any other cases which may affect the teachers’ license approval. For instance:
- An adult ward or a person under curatorship
- A person who has been sentenced to imprisonment without work or a heavier punishment
- A person who, on or after the day of enforcement of the Constitution of Japan, has formed or become a member of a political party or any other organization which advocates the overthrow by force the Constitution of Japan or the government existing under the Constitution
Understanding of Japanese school system / experience of teaching for 5 years or more
1) A teacher who upholds a high standard of practice and conduct for teachers
2) A teacher who can establish good relationship with students, colleagues, and administrators
3) A teacher who works cooperatively and diligently with students and colleagues
4) A teacher who prioritizes students and students’ work
5) A teacher who intends to stay for a long period
6) A teacher who has flexibility to bridge their culture and Japanese culture
7) A teacher who does not aim to come to Japan only for their experience
8) A teacher fluent in English
9) Japanese proficiency is not a requirement but a preferred skill.
The successful person will teach as a homeroom teacher in the secondary school. The work is not limited to teaching the subject, but also includes homeroom activities, students’ support after school, student guidance, coaching activities, and whatever is needed to support the school.
SEND copies of your resume, university diplomas and transcripts, teaching certificate, minimum of 4 contact e-mail addresses of referees (must be ones in supervising/ administrative positions) to
or Yuko Kameyama, Senior Recruitment Officer, Gunma Kokusai Academy 1361-4 Uchigashima, Ota, Gunma, 373-0813 Inquiries: call 0276-47-7711 for Yuko Kameyama,
ALL CANDIDATES ARE ASKED TO CONDUCT A DEMO LESSON ON CAMPUS, OR SEND A TEACHING VIDEO (FULL COURSE OF THE LESSON) EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER THE INTERVIEW. A pre-employment test is conducted.
Location/Region: (Ota, Gunma, Japan)