WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
JOB REQUIREMENTS REVIEW
The Wastewater Treatment Operator position is a rotating shift operator position. This is an entry level position. The position is responsible to operate the plant with limited supervision. The operator works with a team of rotating shift operators to operate on a shared rotating shift that includes days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Operation tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Operates process equipment, electrical controls, valves and pumps.
- Monitors the plant SCADA system, gauges, meters and controls.
- Records readings and produces reports for next shift and maintenance staff.
- Performs duties in collections, preliminary treatment, primary sedimentation, trickling filter, activated sludge, sludge processing, and chlorinating operations. Recognizes changes in normal operations environment, determines causes and resolves.
- Participates in chlorine offloading. Cleans assigned areas and maintains cleanliness in these areas. Performs occasional area and building maintenance such as snow removal.
- Assists maintenance personnel during maintenance activities. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. In order to fulfill these duties the following are minimum requirements:
- Able to perform moderate physical activity. Occasional requirement for lifting 80 to 100 pounds.
- Able to work safely with potential exposure to the following conditions: confined spaces, highvoltage equipment, dust, heat, cold, dampness, disagreeable odors, noise, heights, unknown levels of pathogenic bacteria and other environmental aspects which may be considered unfavorable or disagreeable. Potential exists for exposure to hazardous chemicals and gases including chlorine. Employees are to follow prescribed safety and hygienic procedures.
- Graduation from high school and one(1) year of experience in a waste water operation or any equivalent combination of education and experience; must be certified Grade I operator within one year of employment in this position.
- Must possess a valid Utah driver’s license and/or appropriate CDL.
- Must be able to work with chlorine gas and including ability to wear a respirator and level A protective gear.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a physical examination, background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Complete job descriptions and applications can be acquired from the District Office.
Contact Paige at 801- 731-3011.
Applications will be received until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 23, 2018
Location/Region: Ogden, UT (US - 84404)