Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Job Title:
Technical Consultant Location:
Collegeville, PA OR New York, NY
*Position is eligible for sponsorship
FIS is seeking a full-time Technical Consultant to become part of the FIS professional services team, would work closely with FIS clients, FIS collateral management product teams, and regional team leaders implementing FIS collateral management solutions, Apex. Ensure that FIS clients are getting the most appropriate use of the solution for their business requirements, delivering the solution on time and on budget.
Learn the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and FIS approach to Professional Services and solution delivery by becoming an expert in business analysis, system integration and project management tasks with tight milestone delivery dates and project financials, along with learning the business and processing aspects of enterprise collateral management.The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
Responsibilities: Principal responsibilities include:
- Be able to demonstrate a high-level understanding of the capital markets, with the ability to learn enterprise collateral management in depth to support FIS clients
- Be extremely dynamic, confident and an excellent communicator - must be able to put points across in a salient and effective manner
- Be able to analyze business requirements and write functional and technical specifications, and product materials
- Have the ability to conduct presentations, and effectively communicate product functionality targeted to the needs of our clients
- Must be able to effectively identify and resolve functional issues, consult, and provide optimal solutions for clients needs.
- Have the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, provide status reports
- Should possess a strong understanding and knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Personal Skills Required:
- Be an expert technical analyst with a goal to become a subject matter expert (SME) in the collateral management business in order to communicate to clients and develop integration points with FIS solutions
- Develop interfaces from functional and technical specifications to bridge any gaps in the core functionality and integration development
- Support the project manager in the implementation project with a goal of on time, on budget project delivery
- Advise the QA/testing teams to ensure business and technical requirements are met
The ideal candidate will be:
- Flexible, self-motivated, methodical with a good eye for content and quality.
- Good and effective communicator
- Prepared to listen to others and have a strong sense of customer service
- Able to work easily as part of a team and also independently to achieve individual and group goals
- Able to develop and coach others and be creative, with new ideas
- Solid academic background in MIS, technical development/engineering
- Minimum: Bachelors' Degree in MIS or Technical Engineering
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Collegeville, PA